Grand Rapids, Michigan — West Michigan non-profit organization, Grand Rapids Opportunities for Women (GROW), welcomes the 2020 Board of Directors to further support the work of the organization in the development of entrepreneurs in West Michigan.
The 2020 Officers are:
- Deborah Phillips, Consultant and Chief People Strategist of Deborah Phillips & Associates, LLC, is Board President. Phillips served as Board Chair in 2016 as well.
- Rebecca Dutcher, President of RED66 Marketing, is Board Vice President
- Debra Van Hevele, Senior Vice President, Comerica Bank, is Board Treasurer
- Kim Suarez, Community Member, is Board Secretary
The 2020 board members are:
- Shannon Cohen, Tough Skin Soft Heart by Shannon Cohen
- Elizabeth Joy Fossel, Director of Civil Legal Affairs, City of GR
- William H. Franks, Attorney, The Law Offices of William H. Franks, PLC
- Floriza Genautis, CEO, Management Business Solutions
- Brittany Harden, Associate Attorney, Miller Johnson Snell & Cumminskey PLC
- Jack Keller, Commercial Loan Officer, Lake Michigan Credit Union
- Dallas Lenear, Lead Consultant & Director of Project Green Genesis Consulting
- Veronica Quintino Aranda, Program Coordinator, Michigan State University
- Jason Reep, President, The Employer’s Association
- LaChaun Steverson, Owner, Fibrenew
- Bridgett VanDerHoff, CEO & Founder, Appletree & Gilden Woods Early Care and Preschool
After celebrating their 30th Anniversary last year, GROW is excited to continue to develop and deliver programming and resources for entrepreneurs and small business owners at any stage of their business. “This group of people will do great things for this organization. There are so many wonderfully talented people and I am excited to continue our work together,” said Bonnie Nawara, CEO of GROW.
The new board leadership will aid in the organization’s growth and governance. The Board of Directors plays an integral role in providing the resources and expertise needed for GROW to effectively serve thousands of entrepreneurs in West Michigan as well as support growth in the Muskegon and Lakeshore area.
About GROW: GROW is an organization focused on women and men at various stages of business ownership. They are the entrepreneurial resource throughout West Michigan to help entrepreneurs take the next step, empowering and supporting them with professional expertise for a lifetime. More than half of those GROW serves are low to moderate income individuals who want to start or build their business. GROW is one of only 110 certified Women’s Business Centers in the nation, and one of three in Michigan, all in partnership with the U.S. Small Business Administration. They are also a CDFI (Community Development Financial Institution). Learn more at www.GROWBusiness.org.