- This event has passed.
Managing Funds and Funding
June 11 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
How much cash will your business have next month? How much will you need for expenses? Do you have a plan to use that cash to support your business? Understanding and managing receipts and disbursement is always important, particularly in times of uncertainty like today. Being able to forecast can mean the difference between success and failure. This webinar can help you sort it out.
Your business is often your most important source of funds. During the webinar, conducted by two funding and financial experts, you will learn how to track and forecast your business’s cash, strategies to improve cash flow and how to start, grow or pivot your business even if cash is limited.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
At the end of this webinar you will have the knowledge and resources to:
- Discuss the importance of cash flow to the management of your business
- Apply simple practical tools to forecast your cash position by tracking receipts and disbursements
- Use scenario (“what if”) analysis to improve liquidity and avoid running short of cash
- Define methods for improving capital management to strengthen business operations
- Identify strategies to start or grow a business without relying on external financing
- Assess when and how to access outside funding
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Every small business owner, or anyone looking to start a business, who would like to better understand and manage cash available to help their business survive and thrive.
A SCORE mentor and founder of Drinnan Capital Partners, Ron previously spent 9 years with the turnaround consulting firm Alvarez & Marsal where among other engagements he held executive positions in the Lehman Brothers bankruptcy. Prior to that, Ron spent 12 years in corporate and investment banking. His expertise includes business planning, executing complex financial transactions and advising troubled companies with their turnaround and restructuring efforts in and out of bankruptcy court.
A SCORE mentor, banker, venture capital investor, strategic consultant, public company director and startup founder, Carolyn has broad expertise in small business and startup funding, preparation of business plans, financial forecasts, investor and pitch materials and has run workshops on lending, crowdfunding, profitability and pitch preparation.