Small Business Growth and Planning Series (GPS)
The Small Business Growth and Planning Series (Small Business GPS) is designed to provide you with the information and resources you need to formulate or refine your business plan and position your business for long-term success. (prerequisite: Intro to GROW)
Three clusters of three classes each will be offered quarterly. You can pick and choose any or all of the clusters. For example, if you have a marketing background, you might choose to take only the Business Basics and Financial Awareness Clusters.
Note: You can pick and choose only clusters, not individual classes. You need to take all three classes in a cluster.
Business Cluster | $60.00
- Strategic Planning: Expand the blueprint for your business by identifying the values of your organization and creating a mission and vision statement. Learn how to set goals and position your business for success. (suggested prerequisite: Start Smart)
- Choosing Your Business Structure: Which legal structure is right for your business? When you’re starting a business, the options can seem overwhelming. Explore the tax and legal implications of each option, find the one that is best suited for your business, and learn what the next steps are.
- Successful Relationship Building: Your business success depends largely on relationship building, but that requires intentionality, time, and confidence. Learn how to develop a relationship-building plan that will increase your network, your confidence, and your audience.
Marketing Strategies Cluster | $60.00
- Marketing 101: Are you marketing your business effectively? Discover how to use your organization’s value proposition to target potential customers and develop a successful marketing campaign.
- Branding and Selling Your Value Proposition: Does your business have a defined brand? Are you effectively bringing your value proposition to the market? This workshop guides you through the process of creating a brand for your businesses and using that brand to successfully sell your product or service.
- Marketing Your Business Online: Effective online marketing involves so much more than just having an engaging website. Discover the online marketing options available to your business and decide which ones will best help you connect with your customers. Learn how to set marketing objectives, develop a social media calendar, and use metrics to track success.
Financial Awareness Cluster | $60.00
- Financial Strategies for Your Personal and Business Finances: What is the connection between your personal finances and your business finances–and why is it important? Learn how personal financial statements, credit scores, and tax returns can affect your business.
- Financial Reporting and Analysis: How to Run Your Business by the Numbers: Understanding the financial side of your business can help you with effective strategy development, decision-making, and results analysis. Learn how to read and interpret your core financial statements to position your business for long-term success.
- Navigating Business Banking: Opening a business account is just the first step in developing a relationship with your bank. Learn what banks can do for your business and what you need to know when choosing a bank.
Wrap-Up and Implementation Plan | Free
- Upon completion of one or more clusters, you are invited to create a customized implementation plan with the assistance of a GROW business counselor.
GROW is an equal opportunity employer. We take pride in the diversity of our staff, and we seek diversity in our participants.