Who We Are:
Grow was founded in 1989 with a mission to support women’s economic mobility through business education and counseling. Today, Grow has expanded services to support everyone in the nine West Michigan communities we serve through entrepreneurial initiation, development, and support. Grow operates as a Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) and microlender offering business loans to all genders to support business startup and/or development. Our financial support is made possible by the Association of Women’s Business Center (AWBC) and the US Small Business Association (SBA). Grow’s staff is passionate about community development, ensuring equity within business ownership, and building lasting relationships with our community.
Location: Grand Rapids, MI (hybrid role)
Working Hours: Monday - Thursday: 8:30am – 5:00pm; Friday: 8:30am – 1:00pm working in a hybrid fashion – remote work with in-office hours based on business need
Highlight of this Role:
The Intake Specialist is an important role for Grow as the initial point-of-contact for all interested inquiries. This unique and versatile role will highly utilize your interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills to connect entrepreneurs and small business owners to supportive resources to start/grow their businesses. As you develop within Grow, you will build an understanding of internal support options, as well as community partners, and direct inquiries accordingly. It’s an exciting opportunity to connect with upcoming business owners in West Michigan as well as the encouraging community that inspires business owners.
If you are someone who enjoys versatility in our daily work and building community connections, the Intake Specialist role may be for you! In this role, you will utilize your communication skills with a high level of customer service to connect entrepreneurs and small business owners with the support they need for success. As inquiries come through email, phone, and occasional walk-ins, you will build knowledge and resources to direct all inquiries appropriately. This role provides a unique opportunity to build internal processes and develop efficiencies while maintaining a focus on how we can continuously improve to support our community. As Grow continues to evolve, you will have the ability to be a part of a team who is passionate about economic growth and development within the areas we serve, focusing on building inclusivity and equity in small business ownership.
Background and Skills for Success:
- 2 – 4 years’ experience working in an administrative, customer service, and/or hospitality type role
- Ability to interact, build, and foster relationships within community groups (with focus on business, economic growth, Women/Minority-Owned Business Enterprises, etc.) with internal partners, external partners, and clients of Grow
- Serve as an advocate for entrepreneurs and small business owners with a high level of integrity, trust-building, and communication
- Excellent relationship building skills with a focus on customer service (Bilingual Spanish/English proficiency a plus but not required)
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Demonstrated organizational skills with a keen attention to detail and accuracy as well as the ability to manage competing priorities working both autonomously and as part of a team
- Experience working with diverse cultures, businesses, and technical groups
- Tact and diplomacy to handle confidential information, conflict resolution, and address difficult conversations as needed
This Position Offers:
- $40,000 - $45,000 annual salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage
- IRA with 3% Company Match
- Flexible Paid Time Off – 15 days minimum to support work-life harmony
- 12 Paid Holidays with 3 holidays of your choice
- Working with a passionate and dedicated team
** This position does not offer sponsorship. **
If you can see yourself as part of this empowering environment, please click Apply Now.
At Grow, we believe in partnership, empowerment, and integrity and commit to providing a mutually respectful work environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and invite all applicants and teammates to join us without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, political affiliation, physical/mental disability, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military/veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Grow believes diversity and inclusion within our culture is crucial to our innovation and success. We celebrate, support, and thrive on our differences to benefit our team, products, and community.