Announcing New Members & Officers of our 2017 Board of Directors
We are excited to announce three new board members for GROW. These are wonderful business and community leaders who will continue to guide the organization in empowering local entrepreneurs and business owners.
- Elly Barnette-Dawson, Director of Advancement, Grand Rapids Art Museum
- Dallas Lenear, Lead Consultant & Director of Project Green, Genesis Consulting
- Bridgett Tubbs-Carlon, CEO & Founder at Appletree & Gilden Woods Early Care and Preschool
The 2017 Officers have also been announced:
- Elizabeth Ziesmer, Principal, Rehmann takes the position of Board President as Deborah Phillips, Sr. Business Partner, HR Collaborative moves to immediate past president.
- Angie Hanks, AVP Brand Manager, Chemical Bank is Vice President, Board Engagement
- Meg LeHigh, Community Volunteer is board Secretary
- Jason Reep, Director of Learning & Inclusion, The Employers’ Association is Treasurer
The new board leadership and additional members will aid in the organization’s growth and governance. The Board of Directors plays an integral role in providing the resources and expertise needed for GROW to effectively serve thousands of entrepreneurs in West Michigan.
“We’re excited with the addition of talent and perspectives for our board. These individuals bring skill sets and insights to help ensure that the services and resources we provide remain accessible to those we serve,” said, Bonnie Nawara, CEO of GROW.
Since its inception in 1989, GROW has worked with thousands of entrepreneurs, all with dreams of becoming economically independent. The organization is West Michigan’s source for relevant training, tools, and techniques for entrepreneurs and small business owners. 2017 brings a year of intention on expanding the organizations reach to low-to-moderate income individuals.