Job Openings (3 Available)
Lending Manager – resumes due by June 15, 2018
Full-time position responsible for directing and expanding GROW’s small business lending & technical assistance programs. Director will actively participate on GROW’s senior management team to provide leadership to the organization. Work collaboratively with the CEO, Financial Administrator and Business Development Officer’s to set agency direction/policies and to provide quality products and service that meet client needs. This position reports to the CEO.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and build the capacity of GROW’s business lending programs. Determine and deliver team direction, goals, and financial objectives. Design strategies to grow a quality loan portfolio and increase earned revenue for the agency.
- Direct GROW’s lending and client assistance activities and team members. Maintain overall portfolio quality and performance through a strong case management model that delivers solid underwriting practices, proactive client relationships & education, and effective response to challenged clients & delinquency situations.
- Balance GROW’s mission with sound financial principles and results. Ensure loan fund investment strategies, compliance and legal issues are appropriately addressed and represent GROW’s best interest. Complete and share regular portfolio analyses both internally and externally.
- 3. Provide oversight to coordination of GROW’s volunteer Loan Committee – including member relations, planning, meetings, presentations, communication. Interact with other agency volunteers, stakeholders.
- Create, manage & evaluate quality programming in the areas of business lending and individualized business support. Determine and manage GROW lending policies, procedures, rates, tracking systems and administrative functions with the team. Conduct and/or oversee client outreach, pipeline activities, underwriting, collections, documentation, write-offs, workouts, customer service. Determine and manage GROW case management systems and business support for continuum of client needs: pre-loan, existing loan, distressed loan, and post-loan. Document all program policies & systems.
- Meet or exceed all GROW goals for designated agency programs and initiatives. Monitor progress, collect data or documentation, and manage customers as required by funders and internal policies through ongoing client contact. Work to ensure high customer service satisfaction ratings and portfolio performance.
- Provide internal and external reporting as required. Maintain supporting data as appropriate. Expand and customize reporting relative to portfolio including loan covenants, cash management of loan funds and financial projections.
- Develop, maintain and expand local and regional partnerships, collaborations and contract opportunities to meet or exceed program area goals and outcomes. Encourage growth of bank participation loans and other vehicles to balance risk. Educate potential partners through presentations detailing GROW’s products and services.
- Negotiate lending contract agreements with funders, in conjunction with CEO and Financial Administrator.
- Support development initiatives. Serve as key liaison with funding opportunities for the lending activities. Assist in related funding & development activities such as identifying leads, meetings, presentations, writing/editing, providing industry-specific information, etc. Accurately write and submit funder and stakeholder reports as required by designated deadlines in collaboration with Financial Administrator and Grant Writer.
- Maintain expertise in the community capital and small business financing industries to ensure delivery of comprehensive alternative financing options to clients. Explore traditional and nontraditional channels to recognize trends and future opportunities for the agency. Act as GROW’s radar in this arena.
- Represent and/or speak on behalf of GROW at community and/or professional functions, expos, collaborations, conferences, meetings. Maintain active membership in appropriate and related business associations.
- Assist in overall mission of GROW by working in a team environment to effectively complete other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 7-10 year’s experience in commercial lending or related private sector business that includes knowledge of small business start-up issues, cash management, underwriting, portfolio management
- 3-5 years hands-on supervisory experience required. Previous management experience in a mature CDFI preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred. Legal, banking, financial background preferred. Initiative and a proactive work style along with the ability to work in a team environment
- Highly-organized, detail oriented and able to manage multiple assignments and simultaneous priorities under pressure
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner, often under time constraints
- Strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills
- Fully conversant with MS Word, Excel, Outlook
- Ability to communicate effectively and work collaboratively in a multicultural environment, both in groups and one-on-one
- Working knowledge of micro-enterprise development and small business preferred
- Vehicle and valid driver’s license required as position will require travel throughout the state
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S.
- A material condition of your employment as a GROW employee is your consent and agreement to use your best efforts to provide for the security and confidentiality of the organization’s resources at all times.
Further, your acceptance of employment indicates that you understand and accept all requirements in the above job description. GROW is an At-Will employer. Regardless of any other written provisions, either you or GROW may terminate the employment relationship at any time, for any reason, with or without cause or notice. Nothing in any document or statement, written or oral, shall limit the right to terminate employment at-will. No officer, board member, employee, or representative of the organization is authorized to enter into an agreement — express or implied — with any employee for employment for a specified period of time unless such an agreement is in a written contract signed by the CEO.
Please submit resume and cover letter indicating salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls or personal visits, please.
Job posting closes June 15th, 2018
Instructional Designer – Internship
GROW is looking for a student in the Instructional Design field to design and develop learning and practice experiences. The goal is to facilitate learners in acquiring knowledge, skills, and competencies in an effective and appealing manner.
- Creating engaging learning activities and compelling course content
- Working with subject matter experts and identifying target audience’s training needs
- Applying tested instructional design theories, practices, and methods
- Create engaging learning activities and compelling content that enhances retention
- Work with subject matter experts and identify target audience’s training needs
- Determine instructional and end goals and create content that corresponds with them
- Visualize instructional graphics, the user interface, and the finished product
- Conduct instructional research and analysis on learners and contexts
- Apply tested instructional design theories, practices, and methods
- Provide exercises and activities that enhance the learning process
- Create supporting material/media (audio, video, simulations, role plays, games, etc.)
- Decide on the criteria used to judge learner’s performance and develop assessment instruments
- Maintain project documentation and course folders
- Course work in instructional design and instructional technology
- Knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models
- Lesson and curriculum planning skills
- Basic HTML and Flash programming knowledge
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio scripts/video scripts
- Pursuing a BS or MA degree in instructional design, educational technology, or similar.
To apply, please e-mail your resume and cover letter to GROW at email@example.com.