FLSA: Part time Non-Exempt
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
GROW is seeking a qualified Financial Administrator. This position will focus on working with our team assisting with items pertinent to our financial operations. Qualified candidates must be adaptable to working within a constantly changing environment as well as embrace diversity and inclusion. This position requires a high level of organizational skills and ability to be self-directed as well as operate as part of the team. This candidate will be accountable under the supervision of the CEO for successfully supporting our organizational financial operations.
- Prepare and report on all the organizations Federal grants which include Women’s Business Center, Microloan Technical Assistance and Covid 19 Federal funds with attention to deadlines.
- Work with Director of Lending in closing loans and tracking technical assistance for reporting
- Work with Director of Lending in reconciliation of lending accounts
- Review allocation methods of expenses by program and by grant. Track appropriately in QuickBooks.
- Prepare and be lead contact for annual organizational budget and budget revisions
- Maintain all AR and AP in QuickBooks
- Generate monthly financial statements
- Maintain General Ledger
- Process payroll through payroll vendor
- Work with GROW team in new grant applications
- Prepare for and be lead contact for annual audit
Required Education and Relevant Skills:
- Associates Degree or equivalent working experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Commitment to accuracy and an eye for detail
- Ability to interact with a diverse constituency
- Ability to multitask in face of shifting priorities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Quickbooks (Desktop) and Excel
- Business knowledge, education, or background
- Experience with Salesforce CRM
- Banking Experience a bonus
- English/Spanish bilingual a bonus
- Normal work hours are Monday – Thursday, 8:30AM – 5:00PM; Friday, 8:30AM – 1:00PM. This is a part time 15 – 20 per week position. Working days and hours are negotiable.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Standing or sitting for long periods
- Climbing stairs
- Lifting up to 50 pounds
- Fast-paced environment subject to multiple interruptions, changes in workload, competing priorities, and deadline situations. Exposed to and expected to respectfully interact with a variety of attitudes and personalities including members of the community, volunteers, staff members, and outside vendors.
- Drive: Motivated to meet and exceed goals.
- Initiative: Measure self against a standard of excellence. Undertake self-development activities and learn new skills, seek increased responsibilities and ask for help when needed. Demonstrate the ability to work independently and harmoniously with a variety of personalities and leadership styles
- Communication Skills: Clearly and persuasively communicate. Listen and seek clarification, write clearly and informatively
- Integrity: Work well in a rapidly changing environment; treat others with respect and consideration; accept responsibility for own actions. Understand business implications of decisions, align work with strategic goals, complete administrative tasks and develop strategies to achieve organizational goals
- Flexibility: Able to multitask in a changing work environment. Handle competing demands and unexpected events. Willingness to change the approach to best fit the situation.
- Dependability: Follows instructions, takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments
Please send resume along with a cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resumes will be accepted until the position has been filled.