GROW is seeking a qualified Operations Manager. This position will have a focus on the overall implementation and coordination of various operational functions. Qualified candidates must be adaptable to working within a constantly changing environment as well as embrace diversity and inclusion. This position requires a high level of organizational skills and the ability to be self-directed as well as operate within a team. This candidate will be accountable to the CEO in working with our Administrative Assistant and Volunteer Manager to successfully support the various operations of our organization.
- Works with CEO and Contracted Marketing company to ensure messaging around programs and lending are consistent to our community and in-line with our mission
- Works with Volunteer Coordinator in securing and connecting with volunteers to facilitate our programs and lending initiatives.
- Work with Volunteer Coordinator to ensure class materials are updated and saved to share drive
- Be key point person in the coordination of programs and lending initiatives components, coordinating with other staff to allow for 90-day advance promotion of these initiatives on our events page.
- In collaboration with CEO and Director of Lending analyze and compile data to be used for funding and reporting purpose
- Work with Administrative Assistant to ensure all Salesforce entries are current
- Work with Administrative Assistant on EDMIS entries
- Work with CEO and Contracted Marketing Company to promote and support the Established Division of GROW
- Assist Volunteer Coordinator and Administrative Assistant in the assignment of duties for interns
- Assist when needed in special events
- Assist CEO in special projects
- Assist CEO in annual economic impact survey and Annual Report
- Assist in compiling data to be used to reflect annual outcomes in Annual Report
- Act as support when minor website edits are needed for the team
Required Education and Relevant Skills:
- Associates degree or equivalent working experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Commitment to accuracy
- Ability to interact with a diverse community
- Ability to multitask in the face of shifting priorities
- High degree of tact, professionalism, and discretion
- Proficiency in Microsoft office
- Business knowledge, background or education
- Social media experience
- Experience with Salesforce CRM
- English/Spanish bilingual
- Normal working hours are Monday – Thursday, 8:30 to 5:00 PM; Friday, 8:30 to 1:00 PM
- Occasional evening or weekend work as required to complete projects and accommodate program needs
- Drive: Motivated to meet and exceed fundraising goals and quotas. Demonstrate the ability to close the sale.
- Initiative: Measure self against a standard of excellence. Undertake self-development activities and learn new skills, seek increased responsibilities and ask for help when needed. Demonstrate the ability to work independently and harmoniously with a variety of personalities and leadership styles.
- Communication Skills: Clearly and persuasively communicate, including public speaking; listen and seek clarification, write clearly and informatively.
- Integrity: Work well in a rapidly changing environment; treat others with respect and consideration; accept responsibility for own actions. Understand business implications of decisions, align work with strategic goals, complete administrative tasks and develop strategies to achieve organizational goals.
- Flexibility: Able to multitask in a changing work environment. Handle competing demands and unexpected events. Willingness to change the approach to best fit the situation.
- Dependability: Follows instructions, takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Standing or sitting for long periods
- Climbing stairs
- Lifting up to 50 pounds
- Fast-paced environment subject to multiple interruptions, changes in workload, competing priorities, and deadline situations. Exposed to and expected to respectfully interact with a variety of attitudes and personalities including members of the community, volunteers, staff members, and outside vendors.
A material condition of your employment as a GROW employee is your consent and agreement to use your best efforts to provide for the security and confidentiality of the organization’s resources at all times. Further, your acceptance of employment indicates that you understand and accept all requirements in the above job description. GROW is an At-Will employer. Regardless of any other written provisions, either you or GROW may terminate the employment relationship at any time, for any reason, with or without cause or notice. Nothing in any document or statement, written or oral, shall limit the right to terminate employment at will. No officer, board member, employee, or representative of the organization is authorized to enter into an agreement – express or implies – with any employee for employment for a specified period of time unless such agreement is in a written contract signed by the CEO.
Please send resume along with a cover letter indicating salary requirements to Bnawara@growbusiness.org by March 29, 2019.
GROW is looking for a student in the Instructional Design field to design and develop learning and practice experiences. The goal is to facilitate learners in acquiring knowledge, skills, and competencies in an effective and appealing manner.
- Creating engaging learning activities and compelling course content
- Working with subject matter experts and identifying the target audience’s training needs
- Applying tested instructional design theories, practices, and methods
- Create engaging learning activities and compelling content that enhances retention
- Work with subject matter experts and identify target audience’s training needs
- Determine instructional and end goals and create content that corresponds with them
- Visualize instructional graphics, the user interface, and the finished product
- Conduct instructional research and analysis on learners and contexts
- Apply tested instructional design theories, practices, and methods
- Provide exercises and activities that enhance the learning process
- Create supporting material/media (audio, video, simulations, role plays, games, etc.)
- Decide on the criteria used to judge learner’s performance and develop assessment instruments
- Maintain project documentation and course folders
- Coursework in instructional design and instructional technology
- Knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models
- Lesson and curriculum planning skills
- Basic HTML and Flash programming knowledge
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio scripts/video scripts
- Pursuing a BS or MA degree in instructional design, educational technology, or similar.
To apply, please e-mail your resume and cover letter to GROW at email@example.com.