FLSA: Part time Non-Exempt
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
GROW is seeking a qualified Financial Administrator. This position will focus on working with our team assisting with items pertinent to our financial operations. Qualified candidates must be adaptable to working within a constantly changing environment as well as embrace diversity and inclusion. This position requires a high level of organizational skills and ability to be self-directed as well as operate as part of the team. This candidate will be accountable under the supervision of the CEO for successfully supporting our organizational financial operations.
- Prepare and report on all the organizations Federal grants. Including WBC, Microloan TA and Covid
- Work with Director of Lending on compilation and collection of lending documents
- Work with Director of Lending in closing loans and tracking technical assistance for reporting
- Work with Director of Lending in reconciliation of lending accounts as well as collateral filings, portfolio management, and credit reporting
- Coordinate with Director of Lending in the execution of regular and periodic portfolio monitoring and review, loan tracking, covenant compliance and risk management
- Review allocation methods of expenses by program and by grant. Track appropriately in Quick Books
- Prepare and be lead contact for annual organizational budget and budget revisions
- Maintain all AR and AP in QuickBooks
- Generate monthly financial statements
- Maintain General Ledger
- Process payroll through payroll vendor
- Work with GROW team in new Federal grant applications
Required Education and Relevant Skills:
- Associates Degree or equivalent working experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Commitment to accuracy
- Ability to interact with a diverse constituency
- Ability to multitask in face of shifting priorities
- High degree of professionalism, tact, and discretion
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Quickbooks (Desktop) and Excel
- English/Spanish bilingual a bonus
- Banking experience a bonus
Superior analytical and organizational skills required
- Business knowledge, education, or background
- Experience with Salesforce CRM
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Demonstrated experience in financial statement analysis
- Experience with QuickBooks Desktop version
- Normal work hours are Monday – Thursday, 8:30AM – 5:00PM, 32 hours per week. Working days and hours are negotiable.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Standing or sitting for long periods
- Climbing stairs
- Lifting up to 50 pounds
- Fast-paced environment subject to multiple interruptions, changes in workload, competing priorities, and deadline situations. Exposed to and expected to respectfully interact with a variety of attitudes and personalities including members of the community, volunteers, staff members, and outside vendors.
Please send resume along with a cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com. Resumes will be accepted until the position has been filled
Business Development Officer
Area: West Michigan
Reports to: CEO and Director of Lending
Position Summary: GROW is seeking a qualified Business Development Officer (BDO) for the West Michigan area. This position will require you to establish and develop relationships with a focus on our lending initiatives and related technical assistance. The BDO has overall client management responsibility for business consulting, coaching and lending in target neighborhoods, and assists clients with business startup and growth issues utilizing our internal and external resources. This position will require someone who has worked in economic development, is self-motivated, driven, familiar with reading and understanding financial statements, and has a strong ability for outside sales.
- Work independently in the field and in target neighborhoods to build alliances and referral base among small businesses, business associations, community partners and participate in community events.
- Assess client needs and provide direct business advice through site visits and one-on one consultation to monitor business strengths and weaknesses.
-Provide day-to-day business counseling services to clients.
- Analyze business problems and assist clients with developing solutions.Develop action plans for clients to achieve goals, monitor client progress and document outcomes.
- Assist clients in creating cash flow projections and assist in financial analysis to provide guidance and options in making business management decisions.
- Identify clients’ needs and business skill gaps in order to inform topics and content for GROW programs, seminars, classes, and specialized courses.
- Educate staff on existing client resources and opportunities.
- Help identify and recruit community members as program facilitators and volunteers.
- Collect, track and enter client data in Salesforce database weekly as required by our funders and to ensure GROW meets its mission.
- Track counseling hours; input them regularly into the Salesforce database.
- Provide excellent customer service and fast turn‐around time to build client trust and GROW’s brand and reputation.Loan Program Responsibilities:
- Assist local entrepreneurs and strategize with them to overcome business development issues
- Provide advice to clients on loan application process and basic criteria used to determine credit worthiness
- Assess loan applicants’ loan readiness and provide pre-loan technical assistance as needed.
- Provide post-loan technical assistance to loan clients. Ensure monthly financial statements are submitted and continue to provide business assistance throughout life of loan.
- Provide internal and external reports as required for executive management and the Board of Directors
- Conduct proactive outreach to target underserved markets and communities to cultivate new lending opportunities
- Strong financial skills required, including ability to develop and interpret financial statements prepared in compliance with business accounting and financial principals
- Bachelor degree in Accounting/Finance/Business or experience in small business, community or mission based lending preferred
- Must possess ability to meet performance goals
- Small business lending experience preferred
- Prior work-related experience and knowledge of community development, Small Business (SBA) loans, and traditional and alternative loan programs is beneficial
- Small business ownership experience and/or small business consulting experience preferred
- Demonstrated leadership to network with small business owners
- Ability to use own initiative and pay close attention to detail
- Efficient, highly effective work-ethic: ability to work in a fast-paced environment, ability to learn quickly
- Ability to work well individually, within a team, and leading a team to deliver exceptional results
- Proficient with computers, Internet, CRMs, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Microsoft Outlook
- Strong communication skills in all forms including written, oral, email, telephone, and presentation
- Ability to listen to and understand client circumstances and context, and respond with appropriate solutions
- Strong client management skills
- Ability to travel as necessary to meet with clients / build business relationships
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferredWork Schedule & Conditions:
- Normal work hours are Monday – Thursday, 8:30AM – 5PM, Friday 8:30 – 1:00PM
- May be asked to attend non-work hours events or meetings as it related to engaging and representing GROW’s mission to cultivate community partnerships and promote lending activities.
- Occasional travel during business and non-business hours is required as authorized by the CEO or Director of Lending
- Salary will be commensurate with experience, benefits to include health, life and dental insurance, long-term disability, parking, paid time off and 1 to 1 match simple plan.
Please submit a cover letter with salary requirements and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes will be accepted until position has been filled.