About Grand Rapids Opportunities for Women (GROW)
GROW is a nonprofit service focused on current and aspiring business owners at various stages of business ownership. We are the entrepreneurial resource to help with the next steps, empowering and supporting with professional expertise for a lifetime. Our resources include access to capital, one to one coaching and counseling, mentorship, technical assistance business trainings.
GROW is looking for a talented, dedicated, and detail-oriented individual to assist with our lending program. GROW is a leader in the microlending market. Due to the pandemic, our services are more important than ever with businesses needing access to capital to continue to serve their clients.
This position requires a high degree of attention to detail, a desire to learn about microlending, a passion for entrepreneurs/small business, timeliness, as well as a need to assist others. This candidate will interface with local business owners and direct them to sources. They will also assist the Director of Lending in all administrative tasks related to our lending program. GROW is looking for a commitment of 8-10 hours a week for a minimum of 10 weeks. This is an unpaid internship.
Degree of Focus: Finance, non-profit management, banking, Business Administration
We are seeking support for our lending team. This internship will be hands-on in regards to providing support for loans for small businesses. This will include:
- Research and reporting on loan applicants
- Assistance with closing documentation
- Data entry as needed
- Auditing of documents and files
- Responding to site inquiries and triaging them/flowing them back to those who can assist
- High attention to detail is a must
- Excellent communication skills
- Commitment to a work schedule and availability during those hours
- Ability to work well as part of a team as well as alone
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, along with familiarity with databases
- Flexibility, initiative, and humor
- Ability to take correction and pivot as needed
Please send cover letter and resume to Rosie Orchanian at email@example.com not later than 6/30/2020