Announcing our 2016 Board of Directors
Newly elected GROW Board of Members add focus of diversity and inclusion to our programs and communications efforts.
Grand Rapids, Michigan — Local non-profit organization Grand Rapids Opportunities for Women (GROW) has been West Michigan’s source for relevant training, tools, and techniques to entrepreneurs and small business owners since 1989. As GROW continues to focus on diversity and inclusion, they are proud to welcome two new board members and several returning board members who support this vision.
New 2016 GROW Board of Directors members are
Vice President of Board Engagement &
Local Community Leader
The board also announces Deborah Phillips as 2016 Board President.
Deborah Phillips is a Senior Human Resources Business Partner at HR Collaborative. As the new President of the GROW Board of Directors, she will be taking over for Sanda Matei.
“Deborah has had a long relationship with GROW and has supported the organization throughout its development and in various governance positions on the Board of Directors,” stated Bonnie Nawara, CEO of GROW. “Deborah is an accomplished professional with a positive, get the job done attitude. Her ability to offer innovative, custom solutions to business challenges will aid in our organizational consulting, executive coaching, and leadership development.”
The Board of Directors plays an integral role in providing the resources needed for GROW to continue to expand training program offerings, business consulting and the microlending program.
Additional GROW board members include:
- Angie Hanks, Vice President of Board Engagement. Angie is Branch Manager at Chemical Bank
- Mary Davis, Secretary of the board. Mary consults on program development management
- Elizabeth Ziesmer — Principal, Rehmann
- Marnie Johnson — President, Infusion Communications Group
- Veronica Quintino Aranda — Families Fuertes y Saludables, Strong Beginnings/Family Futures
- Debra Bates — Owner, Choice Business Services Inc. and Meme’s Foundation Boutique
- Meg Burtch — Sr. Manager Talent Acquisition Programs & Administration, Meijer
- Rebecca Dutcher — Web Division Director, 834 Design & Marketing
- Sanda Matei — Asset Management Group/Investment Strategist Comerica Wealth Management
- William H. Franks — Attorney, The Law Offices of William H. Franks, PLC
- Jack Keller — Commercial Loan Officer Lake Michigan Credit Union
- Kay Staszel — Owner, KMS Group
- Paola Mendivil — Catering Coordinator, General Manager, El Granjero Mexican Grill
- Jason Reep — Director of Learning and Inclusion, The Employers Association
- Rhoda Kreuzer, President of Partners in Action, Inc., will serve as Vice President and President of the GROWth & Established Divisions
If you’re interested in learning more about GROW and how you can get involved, please contact us today.